Etappi’s new service, RE-point, is located next to the old Seinäjoki waste station at Laulateentie 111. RE-point serves all the residents living in Etappi’s operating area, which means that people from Etappi’s other partner municipalities besides Seinäjoki are also welcome.
RE-point offers many ways of taking care of waste disposal, and you can dispose of domestic waste there also as self-service using the RE-appi mobile app. In short, you can take waste there whenever it suits you, regardless of opening hours. The mobile app is only available in Finnish. Please use RE-point during service hours if you don’t speak Finnish.
The staff are available in the Hubi customer service area during service hours and are happy to guide you. During service hours, you can choose to have the staff help you or dispose of your waste as self-service. Companies can only dispose of their waste during service hours.
in a nutshell
- A new service facility for waste sorting and recycling in Seinäjoki. Laulateentie 111, at the junction of Kuortaneentie and the eastern bypass, Itäinen ohitustie
- Area approximately 3.5 ha
- Building area 4,312 m2
- Buildings: Hubi information and customer service facility, Tuubi sorting shed and Tarha for garden waste, etc.
- 41 sorting points for waste
- Completed in June 2021, opened to customers on 28 June 2021
- Open on weekdays during service hours between 11:00–18:00, self-service for households 24/7
- Where did the name RE-point (and RE-piste in Finnish) come from? From the word ‘recycling’.
Three-point RE-point – the different areas
The way it works is that you sort your waste at home and unload it at Tarha or the covered sorting shed known as Tuubi, depending on the sort of waste you have and following the sorting instructions. There are signs to show you what type of waste goes where. To help you sort your waste, the mobile app (in Finnish) and our website have a Waste search function where you can check what category of waste a certain item belongs to.
: 1. HUBI is RE-point’s customer service, open on weekdays between 11:00–18:00
: 2. TUUBI is a covered waste reception shed
: 3. TARHA is an outdoor reception area for waste wood, dry sticks and branches, raking waste and textile-covered furniture.
Self-service with the RE-appi mobile app
Households can also use RE-point as self-service, using the RE-appi mobile app that can be downloaded on a mobile phone or tablet. The mobile app is only available in Finnish. Please use RE-point during service hours if you don’t speak Finnish. Outside service hours, waste disposal at RE-point is only available as self-service.
The price for disposing of waste that is subject to a charge is currently €8 for less than 0.5 cubic metres and €20 for 0.5–2 cubic metres.
This is how it works