In Lakeuden Etappi’s operating area, the collection and transport of household septic sludge is contracted by the municipality. This means that Etappi invites companies to tender for the transport of household septic sludge on behalf of the residents in the same way as rubbish collection.
The septic and storage tanks for household septic sludge are emptied and transported to a sewage treatment plant at least once a year. The owners of the tank are notified by letter about the first date of emptying the tank, but after that the week of collection remains the same every year. Septic tanks can be emptied more often if needed, in which case the service must be booked in good time.
The week of tank emptying is also given in the waste disposal invoice. If you have provided us with your phone number, we will also send you a text message about the forthcoming emptying the week before.
Look after your sludge tank:
- Mark your tank and make sure it is easy to find, whatever the season. A visit during which we cannot find or access it is subject to a fee.
- It must be possible to open and move the tank lids by hand. If the lid is too heavy for this, it must be equipped with an outlet valve.
- To avoid an emergency, please book us for emptying your tank in good time, as a separate surcharge is charged for emergency procedures.
- A surcharge will also be charged for any extra work required of the driver, such as clearing snow or cutting back bushes to gain access to the tank.
What to do in exceptional situations
During normal working hours (from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.), you can call Etappi’s customer service team who will be happy to help you.
In exceptional situations, outside normal working hours (from 4 p.m. to 9 a.m.), please contact the sludge transport contractor on stand-by for emergency duties:
The entire Etappi area
- Remeo Oy, stand-by for emergency duties 24/7, tel. +358 400 263 945
- Eerola-Yhtiöt Oy, stand-by for emergency duties 24/7, tel. +358 6 414 4088
- Korkonen Oy, tel. +358 500 539 056
Jalasjäte Oy, tel. +358 6 456 0900
Ähtäri, Töysä, Alavus:
Kuljetus Savolainen Oy, tel. +358 40 523 0542
Contractors invoice for their handling of exceptional situations according to their own price lists.